17 February 2008

Second Sunday in Lent

Let the sight of the grandeur of Jesus transfigured prepare us for a brief contemplation of the humiliation of His Passion.

As my birthday fell in Lent this year, we celebrated it today. Back home, John took me out for my birthday. But after visiting Italy over Christmas break, he was inspired to learn how to cook (as long as it's Italian food, that is). I must say, it's a lot more fun this way! Here are some pictures to fill you in on how it went:

John cooking the Amatriciana sauce (spicy tomatos and pancetta). I hope mom is proud of her Italian chef.



Gurktaler, an Austrian aperitif. One thing we've picked up in Austria, herbal liquors before fancy dinners. Everytime we go to someone's house for dinner, the first thing they do is offer us an herbal liquor.

The finished product. Delicious.


One of our favorite Spanish wines.

Dessert.

7 comments:

vince said...

nice apron.... dork.

Unknown said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

Vince,

The plastic arts are fine, but the culinary arts are sublime.

your God-daddy

Anonymous said...

Did you do that "a little wine for the food, a little for the cook, a little bit more for the cook?"

Lisa said...

Vince,
I think John looks very handsome in his (actually, my) apron.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen you in an apron before John...
it's a good look for you
by the way the food looks YUMMY!!!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of my Italian chef. Everything looks good...especially you!