02 September 2007

Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost

Christian people should attend to their temporal interests without exaggerated preoccupation, for such anxiety offends God Who is our Father in heaven. We cannot serve two masters: the flesh and the spirit, at the same time. But let us serve the spirit given to us by the Holy Ghost, Who makes us lean towards the supernatural life.

Today, after Mass, I had brunch with a wonderful couple from India. Their son is just one month older than Maria. They made omelets and french toast and we drank pear juice and coffee -it was really quite nice. Afterwords, I went home and took a nap. I'm still tired and sore from yesterday's pilgrimage. And I must confess that I failed to take any pictures all day.

2 comments:

Mark K. Spencer said...

Hey John, we missed you at the wedding on Saturday. Jacob Pointer and I were going to prank call you but Lisa informed us that you have no phone. I'm glad to see that you made it over to Mariazell. I didn't get to hike over; I had to take a bus because it rained for the three days prior and the trail washed out. But I liked the Mariazell shrine all the same, except for the globe tabernacle with the snake around it; that was weird. And you should definitely do the Stations of the Cross trail; maybe even on your knees like they did it in the olden days (not that I ever did it that way.) Anyways, I hope that you have a good semester; your classes look pretty pretty nice. God bless,

Mark

Unknown said...

Actually, the last part of our hike took us through the Stations of the Cross in reverse. After all that walking I should have thought about going on my knees. It would have given my poor feet a break.