15 September 2007

Evening Constitutional

Maria is not always as sad as in the previous post. Tonight she was quite pleased with herself, and with dinner. Her favorite part was the ketchup, which she got all over her face!


After dinner, we decided to explore the town of Gaming. Maria and I had not seen much of it, besides the main street, which is where our flat is located. Running through Gaming is a small river, which is much lower now than it has been for the past few weeks, because finally it has stopped raining!

We were told that behind the church in Gaming there was a path up the side of a mountain, with a great view of the town. Here you can see most of the town, as well as the surrounding mountains. It really is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, there was a small tree right in the middle of the best view.


5 comments:

Mark K. Spencer said...

Dear Lisa,

If you want another nice walk: if you go up the hill behind the Kartause, there is a road that goes up the mountain. If you go not too far up (a few hundred feet at most), there are some nice trails that go off to your left into the woods, and loop back around to the main road. There are some very pretty views of the Kartause from there; also, cows.

God bless,
Love,
Mark

Tom said...

I don't know where I'm really supposed to leave notes for ya. Great pictures of the kid...

I'm coming to Munich for sure the 2nd week of Nov. I'll find out soon if I can setup a flight to come in the weekend before or after. I'll email you more when I have details.

- down to 2.5, there's some magic left. Been pitching much better, although I guess Bondo's done. Yanks should've lost both so far this weekend, but oh well. Still need a break or two, but I still have hope!

Keep praying for us, V and I miss your constant support, but we know it's coming from afar.


Love,
Tom

Unknown said...

Tom,
Great news! We were really hoping you'd get to come over. I hope you can work out the flight to stay over one of the weekends. We'd be happy to make the trip to Munich, or, if you prefer, you can come stay with us here.

2.5 is attainable. We've been playing great ball in Sept. 10-4 so far I think. It's been crazy though, I mean, Yorman Bazardo beating Johan Santana? Big contributions from Timo Perez? I tested out the mlb.tv, but my connection speed isn't good enough here. It freezes up all the time. But if we make the playoffs I'll definately be able to get Jim and Dan's broadcast over the internet.

It stinks just having to check the web in the mornings. But I think it'll go right down to the wire. And heck, what if we sweep CLE this week. It's not over yet, especially the way we're playing right now. These guys aren't going down without a fight.

Have you moved into your new place yet? How is it? And is V moving in with you for sure? Are you guys still able to make it down to St. Josaphat's ever? We really miss that. Although the Byzantine Divine Liturgy is very reverent too.

Email me for sure as soon as you know anything about Munich.

Pax!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, Maria really looks like her Auntie Christina in the ketchup picture (her face, not the fact that there is ketchup all over it)!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!!!
I miss you alot=(
I love the pics of Moomie
tell her I love her and miss her alot to