17 September 2007

Commemoration of the Imprinting of the Holy Stigmata on the Body of St. Francis, Confessor

Two years before his death, while at prayer on Mount Alvernia, the Seraphic Patriarch St. Francis of Assisi, was rapt in contemplation, and received in his own body the impression of the sacred Wounds of Christ. Pope Benedict XI ordered the Feast of the Stigmata of St. Francis to be observed on September 17. Pope Paul V extended it to the whole Catholic world.

Today Maria played one of her favorite games with her daddy while mommy took a nap. Peek-a-boo!


There she is!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is of course an important experiment in philosophy - she is testing the concept of self-existence. Such a little genius!

Anonymous said...

This picture is now my desktopwall paper...not only cute,but she's brighter than most!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her hair!!!!

Boniface said...

Dude, I know you are excited about your kid, but everybody here wants to see more pictures of your surroundings, and of the Kartause. Can you post some more of those?

Did you ever have time to look for or find the stations of the cross I told you about, or the chapel in the northwest corner of the park?

Boniface said...

By everybody "here," I mean my wife and I and the people at OSP.

Boniface.

Unknown said...

Boniface,
I suppose we get carried away sometimes... Truth is I rarely remember to take the camera with me when I walk about. It's just here at the flat where Maria is the only thing worth taking a picture of. Just for you, though, I'll be sure to take the camera with me and take some more pictures of Gaming.

Unknown said...

Boniface,
I did find the little shrine in the corner of the park, but I haven't yet made it up to the stations of the cross. First I was waiting for Lisa, then for good weather, now for Lisa again. Hopefully we'll make it up there soon!

Anonymous said...

If I had a little girl that cute, I would put even more pictures up.

Boniface said...

When I was in Austria, I took like 10 rolls of film of my daughter because she was the same cute age as Maria...then when I got back to the States and was no longer immersed in Austrian beauty, I looked back at my pictures and to my chagrin found that 70% were of my daughter in the inside of my apartment.