14 May 2009

Commemoration of St. Boniface, Martyr

After a stormy youth, Boniface was converted to the Catholic faith, suffered numerous tortures, and was beheaded in 307.

Happy feast day to our new nephew, Gabriel Harrison Boniface! We've finally seen a few pictures and he looks great ( apart from the slightly wrinkly hands...).

Also, my brilliant little sister here decided that she would jump into the frigid creek the evening before her last exam. She survived the cold, I guess, but now she's laid up on the couch with a busted ankle on account of some rock.

5 comments:

Jake said...

Happy feast day, Gabriel! He celebrated today by eating, sleeping and doing a bit of crying.

Somebody Calls Me Nana said...

Oh, dear! Katie, you are too far away for me to make sure you're okay (you know, once a mom, always a mom). Are you okay?
1-2-3

Unknown said...

Katelyn! How's the pain? Sorry to hear, can't wait to see you..

Tom

Will said...

I hope Katie's ankle heals quickly, but as someone who has jumped into that extremely cold creek, I'm glad to see that the tradition continues. I still remember the icy water knocking the breath out of me as I entered it. It was a singular experience.

Lisa said...

Will, the tradition continues. I believe most Franciscan students still jump in the creek, and this year there was a group of them, led by a former LCI student, who jumped in every morning trying to get some poor souls out of purgatory. Poor Katie may have done more with one jump...