07 January 2009

Italy

If I remember aright, my parents should be heading for Assisi at some point today. They arrived in Rome Monday afternoon, and that evening the plan was to meet Katie for dinner at Dino and Tony's (the best restaurant in the world). I know they planned on hearing Epiphany Mass yesterday at Santa Maria Maggiore, and then I imagine that they used the afternoon to visit a few of the papal basilicas.

Today, I think they are attending a papal audience, and maybe also visiting the Vatican Museum (specifically, the Sistine Chapel), before heading for the home and final resting place of St. Francis of Assisi.

Update: We also happily received a postcard from Katie featuring an impressive picture of the Basilica of St. Anthony in Padua, where she and her friend were fortunate to visit the remains of that most beloved saint. It seems that they are having a grand time, and enjoying some sunshine in Italy.

No comments: