02 December 2008

St. Bibiana

Virgin, Martyr (III Class)

St. Bibiana was martyred at Rome under Julian the Apostate in 363.

It seems to be the case that as exams approach, time slips by faster and faster... We have only a week and a half of classes left, I've already received one study sheet for an exam, and I still have one more paper to write!

I don't think I've mentioned, by the way (and I'm very excited about it), that I and a couple of friends are going to spend the coming feast of St. Ambrose in Milan! His feast falls this year on Sunday (Dec 7), and so we are flying into Milan on Saturday afternoon and returning Sunday evening. I am most looking forward to hearing Mass in the traditional Ambrosian Rite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, which also occurred on a Sunday! Coincidence? Perhaps not!

Christina said...

speaking of Sundays...sorta...what's with the four-red-candled Advent wreath?

Lisa said...

Christina, I'm sure in your German studies you learned that the custom of the modern Advent Wreath was started in Bavaria, and tradionally had red candles for all the weekdays in Advent and white candles for the Sundays, correct? Since that would be a mighty large wreath for most people's tables, it's now customary to have red candles that are lit each week. Not that there's anything wrong with having the candles correspond to the Liturgical colors.