18 December 2008

O Adonai

O Adonai, and Leader of the house of Israel, Who didst appear to Moses in the flame of the burning bush, and didst give unto him the law on Sinai: come and with an outstretched arm redeem us.

Congratulations to Katie for the successful completion of her first semester of studies here. She is now off at the Kartause having a grand old time with the Ave Maria students (who will sadly soon be leaving), while I've been here studying German for the past three hours. I'm not jealous, though. Nope, not at all. Frankly, there is very little that is more fun than studying German ;-)

Update: I should add, of course, that I've added my last writing assignment of the semester to the sidebar. It's an exegetical exercise on the death scene of Christ in the Gospel according to Matthew (27:45-50), focusing especially upon the words of Christ, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Oh, and one more thing. Katie baked something like 79(!) oatmeal raisin cookies today, some of which she is taking to the Kartause for this evening's end of year bash in the Ave Maria common room.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Everyone in Gaming must really like cookies a lot! I bet you guys are really popular around Christmastime.

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's too much to hope that oatmeal raisin cookies will still be available when we arrive in February?

Lisa said...

The real reason we're popular in Gaming is thanks to mom's peanut-butter ball recipe. Once they try them, Europeans realize how brilliant Americans are for combining chocolate and peanut butter!

You would think, with all the cookies we've baked so far, that they would make it well past February. However, my guess is that we'll give many of them away, and take to parties and whatnot. However, since John and I don't like oatmeal raisin cookies, if Katie knows someone else will be staying here who likes them, she might be talked into making them again.

Anonymous said...

You can send any surplus oatmeal-raisin cookies to us. . .

Peanut butter balls are also welcome. . .

;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll have to go to Austria to collect on the surplus oatmeal-raisin cooky (note to all: the singular of "cookies" is "cooky", not the back-formation into "cookie") supply. Agricultural imports restrictions and all that, you know.