14 November 2008

Story for the Grandfathers

Yesterday Maria came up to me and told me that she wanted to sit on the windowsill so she could see when Grandpa Joy and Papou were coming (we have been telling her that her grandparents are all coming to visit this winter). I had to tell her that it would still be a little while before you came, and she looked at me with her big blue sad eyes and said, "Why? I miss them!" It was pretty heartbreaking, but I thought you would like to know that you are missed, and that she is really looking forward to your coming. I was able to cheer her up a little bit, by letting her color all over the wrapping paper covering the present she is giving to John tomorrow. She was also distracted by rehearsing "Happy Birthday, dear Daddy," and I haven't been able to get her to stop singing yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, her Papou misses her, too! Grandma as well, but tell her we really enjoy the postcards, and can't wait to see her early next year.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww. . . .