09 November 2008

The Dedication of the Basilica of Our Savior

(II Class)
The Mother and Mistress of all Churches throughout the world, the Church of St. John Lateran, or the Archbasilica of the Most Holy Savior, was the first publicly consecrated. It was built by Constantine, the first Christian Emperor and consecrated by Pope St. Sylvester I on November 9, 324.

Happiness is mine! I've finished the first of my papers this semester (on the topic of Happiness). It's been a good weekend, Cecilia Hendricks was here from Friday evening until this morning. She is a friend of Katie's who is spending the semester studying in Spain and decided to come out for a visit. Today was quite a nice Sunday. A handful of friends came over for brunch, I took a nap (Maria didn't) in the afternoon, and then after Vespers I got to work on my paper and finished it off.

The Lateran Basilica is pictured at the top of the sidebar, by the way.

No comments: