02 April 2008

St. Francis of Paula, Confessor

He founded the Order of Minims, whose name shows that they wished to be accounted the least in the household of God. Summoned to France, he died there in 1508.

And now for another cute picture of Maria, to please her Papou (and the rest of her relations, but he's the one who yells the loudest for them ;-)

Who's your tiger? Obviously, for me Placido Polanco, and for John, Carlos Guillen. As for outstanding performance of the evening, I'm going for Brandon Inge again (who doesn't want to see him do well?), and John thinks Miguel Cabrera will have a good game.

[Update - by John] Argh! Not only did my prof. schedule a class for this evening at 7:15 (7:05 gametime!), but the Tigers stunk it up! Rogers pitched well through 5, just like Verlander, but their entire offensive production was three singles by E. Renteria! Two games into the season and I'm going nuts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As well I should! And in under two months she'll be back amongst us where she belongs! Austria is only the prettiest country in the world because Maria's there right now.

Susanna Spencer said...

Placido Polanco used to be my favorite Cardinal.
If Mark and I stop in Michigan after our honeymoon we should all go see that Cardinals and Tigers face off in Detroit.
Also, Mark and I mailed your invitation two days ago, so hopefully you will get it soon.
God Bless!