22 January 2008

Ss. Vincent and Anastasius, Martyrs

St. Vincent, deacon of Saragossa in Spain, suffered martyrdom in the persecution of Diocletian in 304. St. Anastasius, a monk of Persia, was put to death with seventy other Christians under Chosroes in 628.

Tomorrow classes begin for the Spring Semester, and this is what my schedule looks like.

Monday/Wednesday
8:00-8:50 - Intermediate German
9:00-10:15 - Gospel of John
10:30-11:45 - Natural Philosophy II: Motion and Order

Tuesday/Thursday
9:00-10:15 - Metaphysics I
10:30-11:45 - Political Philosophy II: Modern Political Thought
3:45-5:00 - Psalms

I am also thinking about auditing a class on Roman Liturgy on Friday mornings from 9:00 to 11:45, and Lisa is hoping to audit DDR. Waldstein's class on the Theology of the Body (T/Th 10:30-11:45).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, Metaphysics sounds cool. And how nice to have a class on the Psalms just before the dinner hour. At least...even if it's a workout, I hope some Psalm remains in your mind/heart for the rest of the day.

Lisa, I hope you get to audit TOB. I'm sure you know that Dr. Waldstein just published a whole book on the topic. And if I remember correctly, he has a talent for teaching: deep stuff with surprising clarity.

BTW, did either of you happen to catch, over at Mark Shea's *Catholic and Enjoying It* the link to an audio of an interview with JRR Tolkien? !! :)

The McGuire Family said...

Hey Guys... we just wanted to send our love and tell you we were thinking of you! We miss our weekly dinners, especially since life has quieted down for the winter... Savanna loves to look at pictures of Maria and point out all the toys and the baba's (sippy cups) and everything else... David asked when you were coming home... I said I had no idea... anyway this comment is getting to be a novel... I better cut it short... know we are praying for you... Oh my goodness I almost Forgot!... I'm pregnant!! due in July...talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

Margo,
I'm excited about Metaphysics, but I think my favorite class is going to be on the Gospel of John. Your memory of DDR. Waldstein sounds quite accurate. Lisa is excited about the TOB class, and I'm just a little bit jealous. This is his last semester here, and I will have missed taking this particular class with him.

Judie,
Congratulations! How exciting! We think of the three of you quite often, and miss our weekly dinners as well. I hope we can fit a few more of those in over the summer. We are flying home on May 18, the day before Maria turns two (the day airline prices go up from infant to child). Tell David that as much as we love Austria, the only meat available in abundance here is pork, and we are looking forward to some Omaha beef :) We'll bring the beer. Lisa wants to know if your aol email is still the one to use, she says she has tried it a few times without much luck.

Pax!