23 October 2007

St. Anthony Mary Claret, Bishop, Confessor

Anthony Mary Claret founded the Missionary Sons of the Heart of Mary, the Teaching Sisters of Mary Immaculate, and other communities of nuns. For many years he labored in Catalonia, for six years in Cuba as Archbishop of Santiago, and finally in Madrid. He died in exile in France in 1870.

Many apologies for not posting yesterday. I hope nobody was too worried about us (no one has appendicitis this time). For some reason the SIM card of our ISP went kaputt! functioniert nicht! But not to worry, this morning I spoke enough horribly mangled German at the Post Office to get a new one from them.

We're very excited about our trip to Salzburg this coming weekend, but the weather forecast is for rain every day. How sad. It's been raining here for the past two days and all the snow has turned into slush (hence, no pictures today). Pray for sunshine for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Es ist doch viel Spass, 'mangled German' zum sprechen, oder?! At least, I enjoyed trying out all the German I did know and reaping the benefit of the locals teaching me how one *really* says what I wanted to say. Some time I'll tell you the story of "saat, nicht voll!"

Congratulations on obtaining what you went to the Postamt for, with the German you did have! Victory, huh?! :)