15 November 2007

Happy Birthday John!

Feast of St. Albert the Great, Bishop, Confessor, Doctor of the Church
St. Albert was a famous member of the Order of Preachers, noted for his universal learning and his apostolic zeal and devotion. He had for his pupil the celebrated St. Thomas Aquinas of the same Order, and left numerous writings. He became Bishop of Ratisbon, and died in 1280, being canonized and declared Doctor of the Church in 1931.

Today John turned 24. One of his presents was a fresh snowfall. We woke up to about 6 inches, and by the time John returned from classes it was up to 8 inches. For the past two weeks the weather has been a mix of snow and rain, and I never thought I would say that I am glad that it has gotten colder, but, I am glad that it has gotten colder. I'll take snow over rain/snow mix anyday, especially when it goes on for two weeks, and I can't get out of the house!

After screaming bloody murder and clinging to her dad for fear of her life, Maria determined it was worth the fright of hearing the electric mixer if I allowed her to lick the whipped cream off the beater.

John refused to cooperate, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him blowing out his candles. Well, I do have pictures, but I'm saving them in case I ever need to blackmail him. Maria was more compliant. She was in an especially good mood because we gave her her first ever brownie sundae!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy and a Holy birthday to you John. ..... actually happy anniversary of your birthday!

I was 24 once.. well, twice.... oopps.. working well into the third time. hehe

We got some flakes today too. No, not the ones Fr G has to deal with. They were the kind Luther referred to.

Anyway, hope all is well. We miss you guys, even outside of deer season.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Happy day! Love the pics of cutie pie. I find your quote from Pope Pius quite interesting...
Spoke with Tom today...he is looking forward to seeing you.
Happy to be your,
Mom 1-2-3

Anonymous said...

All must now refer to me as Empress Nana the Cosmopolitan of Giggleswick under Table...
delightful, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

My new title is Bishop Lord James the Sardonic of Fiddlers Green

Unknown said...

Thank you all for thinking of me. I had a good day (only one class); Lisa made a great dinner and I read a lot and took a nap in the afternoon. At the request of Will and Anna we finished the night with a Beton (Becherovka, Tonic, Lemon)

Anna said...

I do see a little belly in this one. Good work Lisa!