20 March 2010

Feast of St. Joseph (I Class)

We beseech Thee, O Lord, that we may be helped by the merits of the Spouse of Thy most holy Mother: so that what we cannot obtain ourselves, may be given to us through his intercession.

Yesterday was the Feast of St. Joseph, patron of the Universal Church. He is also the patron of fathers, so March 19 is traditionally recognized as a day to honor fathers, and a special patron of little Thomas Joseph. So happy belated Father's day to all fathers, and happy belated name day to everyone named Joseph.

John didn't request anything particularly special to mark the day, although we did have a nice Italian dinner. A few weeks ago I found a website with lots of fun things to make on particular feast days, and there were many ideas of things to do for this feast, including a St. Joseph's Table, and a St. Joseph's Altar. Those didn't happen, but I did use their idea for Sfinge San Giuseppe (ricotta filled cream puffs) for dessert.

I came home to find the boys hanging out, watching baseball highlights.

Sfinge San Giuseppe (pastry made by Katie).

1 comment:

Somebody Calls Me Nana said...

I did set up a simple altar and invited 5 girlfriends over for dinner. I also made Sfinge San Giuseppe fo dessert. It was my first attempt at a Saint joseph's Table. I will post some pics on my picasa site soon.