15 May 2008

Pentecost Thursday (St. John Baptist de la Salle)

St. John Baptist studied theology at the Sorbonne. Inspired by God to give a Christian education to the poor, he founded the Brothers of the Christian Schools which soon spread throughout the world. In private life he treated himself with extreme rigor, and died full of merits and years in 1719.

One year of studies at the ITI successfully completed means Kartausenbräu dunkel bier for Mommy and Daddy, and ice cream for Maria!

Here's a big chocolatey "I can't wait to see you" grin!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know which is bigger: the dunkel bier(s?) or the ice cream cone? It looks like Maria can eat more than I can!

Unknown said...

If you take into consideration all that ended up on her shirt, she didn't really eat so much after all.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you too, Maria! And your parents, I guess!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to John and family on a successful year of academic studies.

Will

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of all of you - John for your hard work in studying (and WHO taught you to read???); Lisa for holding down the proverbial fort so that John could concentrate on his studies; Maria for being cute and for teaching Mommy and Daddy lots of things about parenting!
I was taught by Christian brothers at Montini High School in Lombard, Illinois. They were (are) fabulous! They still run the school and I believe they are very in touch with their de la Sallian heritage.
3 more days!